Florianópolis is a major touristic destination. This ~ 15 km EW x 60 km NS island is home to 42 beaches and 2 lakes. Tourism peaks during summer (Jan-Fev), well after the LARIM. Temperatures should be on the 20º to 30º C range in late November, so bring your swimming suit. The Tourism section on our page give you some links where you can learn more about the island and plan your stay. The LOC will organize a conference tour and dinner, details of which will be given later.
OCEANIA PARK HOTEL AND CONVENTION CENTER
The Oceania Convention Center offers ample and confortable space for meetings, with a large room for plenary sessions and smaller ones for parallel sessions. The Oceania Park Hotel is located within the same premises, but cannot lodge all participants. Hotel Praiatur and Hotel Porto Sol Quality are part of the same chain and are offering discount rates, but there are plenty of other hotels in the immediate vicinity – see the accommodation link.
From the airport to Ingleses beach
A taxi costs around R$ 100.00--150.00 (U$ 50.00--75.00) and takes about one hour. More info: http://www.tarifadetaxi.com/florianopolis
We are looking at hiring shuttles from/to the airport and we will post more information on this page.
Cheapest journey (around 2.5 hours):
Buses below usually operate Monday--Friday from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m, Saturday 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
1. Bus 183 or 186 (Corredor Sudoeste, R$ 2,90) or E6120 (Corredor Sudoeste Executivo, R$ 4,50): from the airport to Central bus station (TICEN)
2. Bus 221 or 230 or 231 (Canasvieiras, R$ 2.90): from TICEN to Canasvieiras bus station (TICAN)
3. Bus 264 (Ingleses, R$ 2.90): from TICAN to Ingleses
Least changes (around 2 hours):
Buses below usually operate Monday--Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m, Saturday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
1. Bus 183 or 186 (Corredor Sudoeste, R$ 2.90) or E-6120 (Corredor Sudoeste Executivo, R$ 4.50): from the airport to Central bus station (TICEN)
2. Bus E1121 (Ingleses Executivo, R$ 6.00) or S1121 (Ingleses Seletivo, R$ 6.00, only during summer): from Terminal Praça XV (a 10-minute walk from TICEN) to Ingleses
Info on prices:
If paying cash, each journey must be paid in full. The only way to pay less is to get a bus card (the cheapest journey above would cost a total of R$ 2.70):
This card is unfortunately only sold at TICEN, not at the airport.